Final Stages of I-5/126 Interchange Construction
Santa Clarita – The California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) MAY close the following lanes of the Golden State Freeway (I-5) and State Route 126 – intermittently -- as part of the FINAL STAGES of a $24-million project to improve the I-5/126 Interchange:
· From 7 p.m. Sunday, August 7 through 7 a.m. Saturday, August 13, the following are subject to closure:
- Two lanes of northbound and/or southbound I-5 from Rye Canyon Road to Hasley Canyon Road
- The northbound and/or southbound I-5 connectors to westbound Highway 126
· IF NECESSARY -- in the early morning hours of Tuesday, August 9 -- Wednesday, August 10 – and Thursday, August 11 from 12:01 a.m. to 5 a.m.:
POSSIBLE FULL FREEWAY CLOSURE ON NORTHBOUND OR SOUTHBOUND I-5 FROM HASLEY CANYON ROAD TO RYE CANYON ROAD
STATE ROUTE 126:
· From 9 a.m. Monday August 8 through 7 a.m. Saturday, August 13 the following are subject to closure:
- The eastbound State Route 126 connector to northbound I-5
- The eastbound State Route 126 connector to southbound I-5
- One or both lanes of westbound and/or eastbound State Route 126 from
I-5 to Castaic Junction
Note: Not all closures may be necessary, as the final stages of construction are under way.
This project is expected to complete in late August or early September, 2005. Closures are weather permitting and subject to change. Signs and detours will be posted to assist motorists. Caltrans reminds motorists that traffic fines are doubled in freeway work zones, and to please SLOW FOR THE CONE ZONE.