Here’s the latest weekly update on the Ewart Family. In the early morning on Tuesday, December 20th, fire destroyed their Valencia home. Six family members were in the house at the time, three were seriously injured and sent to the Grossman Burn Center. David and Michael Ewart were in the most serious condition. David was the final family member to be released from the Grossman Burn Center, weeks after the fire. Since the fire, our Valley has jumped in to assist as the Ewart’s recover. This is the latest update courtesy of neighbors, Josy and Steve Block.
We have missed "talking" with you this past week! You can expect your next update on Monday, 2/27/06. We have some important events coming up, and all the planners have asked us to please remind everyone of the different & fun ways you can get involved and help out, too!
Coming up this weekend is the MATTY show - LIVE from Hart High! Check out the flyer at our website: www.EwartAid.org - click on "flyers", then click on "MATTY" to learn more about this Off-Broadway Show. You can experience this show LIVE this SATURDAY (February 25) at Hart High Auditorium!! David is planning to attend this most amazing production and he highly recommends it - especially for anyone who is into baseball! Show begins at 7:30pm. To reserve seats, please send an email to: Blocktalk@pacbell.net, and please put "MATTY" as the subject, or you can call (661) 254-8412 and leave a message as to how many seats you would like to reserve. It's not too late - there are still several seats available. There are no physical tickets - please just come & enjoy the evening. This is a "Pay what you Can" show - you can pay before you go in - whatever amount you are comfortable with. This is a family-friendly show. Feel free to make copies of the flyers to give to your friends & associates!
Next, let's talk about our upcoming JAY LENO benefit & we'll bring you up-to-date with the current happenings. Our planning committee is meeting every week (and several times in-between) to discuss & plan all the details of this event - and believe me, there are LOTS! LOL.
* Thursday, March 23, 2006 - AN EVENING WITH JAY LENO. Jay Leno will be doing a benefit performance at the Hart High Auditorium, at 7:30pm. Tickets are $100 for VIP/Assigned Seating and $50 for open seating. Suggested minimum age for attendees is 13 years old. Doors open at 6:30pm for a raffle & silent auction - winners will be announced following Jay Leno's performance. For tickets, please send a tax-deductible check, made payable to EOPF with "Jay Leno" in the memo line to: Imagination Station, PO Box 220983, Newhall, CA 91321. Tickets and a receipt will be mailed to you within 24 hours of receipt of your order. Be sure to include your return address, $1 for postage/handling and please specify which kind of ticket you are purchasing & how many. We're sorry, but we cannot accept credit card orders. Also, as a reminder, please remember to sign your checks, and remember that the price of postage has gone up to .39-cents per letter, so please be sure you have affixed the proper amount of postage to your letters.
* ADVERTISITING: We are actively looking for businesses who would like to place an ad in the Jay Leno keepsake program. Additionally, anyone can place a "well wisher" greeting in the program. Simply write out your message and our Layout Department will make it look beautiful! To make everything much easier, John Tenorio has created an Advertising/Well Wisher ad form to simplify the process. These Advertising forms have been uploaded to the website (www.EwartAid.org) and can be retrieved by clicking on "flyers", then "Advertising for Jay Leno". All costs are noted on these forms, as well as the details for where to send the check/ad, etc. Please note that this is a 2-page form, so you will need to print both pages. If you have any questions regarding the ads, you may contact Mary Berg at 259-2877.
VOLUNTEERS: We are still in need of some volunteers for the Jay Leno event. We need ushers, sales, security, parking, crowd control, and runners. Please let us know if you can help in any of these capacities.
BOTTLED WATER: We are in need of about 34 cases of water to be donated - is there anyone out there who can help with this request? Please send an email if you can contribute any bottled waters. They will need to be received by March 19, 2006. We can transport.
* Thank you to our hometown station KHTS 1220AM radio for giving us the opportunity to inform the public about all our upcoming events to benefit the Ewart and Baker families!! We are so deeply appreciative for the air time they are providing to help get the word out!
* Thank you to the SIGNAL Newspaper for running two very important and informative articles on the upcoming Jay Leno performance!! We appreciate their timeliness in getting the news out and spreading the word to all of Santa Clarita Valley! We will try to upload copies of the articles for those folks who do not live nearby or who may have missed the articles.
CALLING ALL SCRAPBOOKERS - If you have taken home pages to work on, we would like to ask that they all be submitted by March 4th so that we will have time to assemble the scrapbooks for David. These beautiful works of love & art will be presented to him at the Comedy Evening on March 19th.
* Speaking of the comedy evening of March 19th, we want to let everyone know that there are still tickets available for the Benefit Comedy Show at J.R.'s Comedy Club at Marie Callendars. Special thanks to Randy Lubas of J.R.'s for his generous donation of the club and to all the comedians who are donating their talent & time for the cause. "G" Rated comedy for the whole family. $20.00 per person - the entire show amount is to be donated to the Ewart Catastrophe Fund. 9:00pm to 10:30pm. To get your tickets, please send a check for $20.00 per person in your party. Checks should be made payable to "David Ewart Catastrophe Fund". Be sure to write the account number in the memo section of your check: 8606-155136. Mail to: Imagination Station, PO Box 220983, Newhall, CA 91321. Please include your return address so we can mail you your tickets. Also, please specify that this is for the Comedy Show. (thanks!)
* It's MARDI GRAS at the Valencia Hills HOA as the Wave Swim Team presents a Texas Hold'em Poker Tournament. This will take place on Saturday night, March 4th at the Valencia Hills Clubhouse, 24060 Oak Vale Drive, Valencia, CA 91355 (661) 259-8400. Sign-in is 5:00pm and play begins promptly at 6:00pm. The buy-in is $35, and a percentage of the proceeds will benefit the Ewart family. If you're not a poker player, but you don't want to miss the fun, you can just come & party, or cheer your favorite player on! Just a $10.00 cover charge for food and drink. Please call Kathy Peer at (661) 255-2483 if you would like to sign up! It's sure to be a night to remember - everyone always comes home with "stories"!!!
* If your home is like our home, it could use an early Spring Cleaning! Remember, the folks on David's street, Via Escovar, are planning a huge block-wide garage sale for March 11th, from 7am to 11am. While cleaning your home, if you come across some treasures, please contact Deborah Mann to arrange dropping off your treasures so they can sell it at their garage sale! They can even arrange for pick-up or drop-off of merchandise. It will help clean out your clutter and benefit the Ewarts at the same time! What do you say? C'mon, join the fun. Please contact Deborah Mann at: Debmann44@aol.com.
* We would like to thank O'Connor Photography for digging through their archives to find pictures of the Ewart kids! They certainly didn't have to do this, and we are so touched by their kindness for taking the time to do so.
* A week from tomorrow (Tuesday, February 28, 2006 - 5:00pm - 10:00pm) is the DON CUCO Mexican Restaurant & Cantina Fundraiser - located at 24130 W. Lyons Avenue (661) 254-4874, Don Cuco will be donating 20% of sales (Dine-In and Carry Out) to the David Ewart Catastrophe Fund. This is one of David's favorite restaurants! You can check out the menu ahead of time at: www.doncucorestaurants.com. Remember...you'll need to bring the flyer (available on our website: www.EwartAid.org) - it must be presented when ordering. If you cannot find your flyer, please go to the www.EwartAid.org website & click on "flyers". Hope to see you all there!!!
* Reminder: coming up on Saturday, March 11, 2006 at 8:00pm, Vince Falzone, local musician, will be hosting the "Vince Falzone CD Release Benefit Concert" at the Canyon Theater Guild. If you wish to purchase tickets, you can make a check payable to: Ariey Productions. Send to: 27919 Smyth Drive, Suite 106, Valencia, CA 91355. Make sure to note your phone number and mailing address so your tickets can be mailed to you. Included with your ticket price will be food, drinks (Starbucks Coffee) and one raffle ticket. 1/2 of all ticket sales will be donated to the Ewart's fund. Tickets are $12 each. OR: You may also purchase & pick-up tickets directly from the Canyon Theater Guild. NOTE: The Falzone's are looking for help from the local high schools for help in promoting this event. Please contact Lily at (661) 803-5594 if you can help.
* Sunday, April 2, 2006 - 1:30pm to 4:30pm - Big Bopping Bowling Bonanza at Valencia Lanes. We are looking for 24 teams of 5 people each to sign up, and each of those 24 teams will be charged some "SPARE" change - just $125 per team or $25 per person. 60% of the proceeds will go the Ewarts! If bowling's your thing, then get ready for a spectacularly, super-duper, "STRIKING" Sunday! 3 strikes and you're IN!!! We will SPARE you the rest of the details. For more information, please contact Sylvia Jacobowitz at (661) 288-1268 or email her at: firstname.lastname@example.org .
Thank you all for your continued support - it means more to the family than words can describe!