***UPCOMING EVENTS ***
* Friday, January 27, 2006 - 8:00pm - Imaginary Winds Concert at Emmanuel Lutheran Church in North Hollywood. The concert will consist of music written for wind ensembles of various sizes by W.A. Mozart, whose 250th birthday will be celebrated that day. Imaginary Winds is an ensemble consisting of Los Angeles' finest studio & symphonic woodwind, brass, and percussion artists. The church is located at: 6020 Radford Avenue, North Hollywood, CA 91606, and is on the northeast corner of Oxnard Ave. and Radford Street, one block east of the 170 Freeway in North Hollywood, Free parking is plentiful. Tickets will be available at the door & admission will be $20.00 with youth and senior discounts available. Kids under 8 or over 80 will be admitted for free. Proceeds will be donated to the Ewart family.
* Saturday, January 28, 2006 - Free Community Scrapbooking event at Remember When...Scrapbooking, located at 23407 Lyons Avenue in Valencia from 5:00pm to 10:00pm. There are 8 spots available. A Professional Scrapbook Designer/Teacher will be available for consultations if you are new to scrapbooking. Products will be provided for you to work on pages for the Ewart's Scrapbook and/or you can bring your own items. Please BRING PICTURES of the Ewarts.
* Monday, January 30, 2006 - Baja Fresh Fundraiser for the Ewarts. Bring in the attached flyer (if you did not receive the attachment on 1/17, please let us know & we can email you a copy) - 15% of sales will be donated to the Ewart Catastrophe Fund (5pm to 10pm, select stores only - see flier).
* Wednesday, February 1, 2006 - 7pm-8pm - Celebrity Golf Tournament Planning Meeting at the Block's Home
* Saturday, February 4, 2006 - 10:00am Fundraiser Group Meeting at the Block's home.
* Tuesday, February, 7, 2006 - The Musicians Union, Local 47 is organizing a Blood Drive at the Local 47 Auditorium from 10am until 5pm. It is located at 815 Vine Street in Hollywood. The Providence Blood Donor Center will provide everything, right down to juice & cookies. And every donor will receive a coupon for a free "pint" of ice cream from Baskin Robbins. Please call (323) 993-3159 to sign up. Walk-ins are available and soon there will be a web site available to sign up electronically.
* Saturday, February 25, 2006 - Vince Falzone's CD Release Party at SCVARTS. Music style is Pop/Rock (similar to John Meyer). The content is fitted for the whole family. This is a family oriented event with no alcohol involved. There will be a live band performing with refreshments, raffle prizes and live radio streaming broadcasting. If you want to hear a sample of Vince's music, you can go to: www.MusicByVince.com. Tickets are $8.00 per person if you pre-purchase, and $10.00 per person at the door. You can pre-purchase tickets by e-mailing: Music@MusicByVince.com with your request and you will receive detailed instructions. 50% of both pre-purchased and door ticket sales will be donated to the Ewarts' fund. CD's are $12 regularly (on the website and retail), but $10 at the show. The website is: http://www.MusicByVince.com. SCV Arts' website is: www.scv-arts.com. They are located at: 27737 Bouquet Canyon Road, #113, Santa Clarita, CA 91350 (in Telly's plaza).
* Saturday, February 25, 2006 - Special Event - To be Announced
* Saturday, March 11, 2006 at 8:00pm, Vince Falzone, local musician, will be hosting the "Vince Falzone CD Release Benefit Concert" at the Canyon Theater Guild. Half of all proceeds will be donated to the David Ewart Catastrophe Fund. Tickets are $12 each and may be ordered by calling Lily Qian-Falzone at (661) 803-5594 or emailing her at: email@example.com.
* Sunday, March 19, 2006 Benefit Comedy Show at J.R.'s Comedy Club at Marie Callendars. "G" Rated comedy for the whole family. $20.00 per person - the entire show amount is to be donated to the Ewart Catastrophe Fund. Dinner (optional) at 5:30 - cost $22 or $29. First Show: 7:00pm to 8:30pm, Late Show: 9:00pm to 10:30pm. To get your tickets, please send a check for $20.00 per person in your party. Checks should be made payable to "David Ewart Catastrophe Fund". Be sure to write the account number in the memo section of your check: 8606-155136. Mail to: Imagination Station, PO Box 220983, Newhall, CA 91321, ATTN: Josy
With your check, please include the following information:
* names of all the people in your party
* your preference of early show or late show
* Will you be coming for the 5:30 dinner/show, or just the 7pm show or 9pm show
*Return address for us to mail your tickets to you.
* Sunday, April 30, 2006 - 5:00pm to 7:00pm - Special Event - To be announced
*** SPECIAL REQUEST ***
* David, a professional violinist in LA had several violins, bows and a viola in his home on December 20th all of which were lost as a result of the tragic fire. This unfortunate loss included several bows by Sartory, Hill and Nurenberger and a fine Italian violin by Jannarius Gaglianus, made in 1765. Anyone who knows David, knows that the music continues to live in his heart, his soul and his spirit. He can't possibly keep it bottled up inside - his music must be shared with not only the community...but the world. If there is anyone who might have a Jannarius Gaglianus violin in their possession, would they consider letting David use it to share his beautiful music once again? It would be a most amazing blessing if we could help to reunite a masterful violinist with an instrument worthy of his talents.
*** HELP WANTED / ITEMS NEEDED ***
* Meeting location - Does anyone have access to a meeting room that we could utilize for regular planning & strategic meetings? We are looking for a conference room, a meeting room or some other non-residence location to host meetings, possibly on a weekly basis. We will be fine with a max. capacity of 20.
* Secondary Storage Facility - Our first storage facility has been maxed out and we still have nearly 20 other furniture pick-ups ready to be scheduled. Is there anyone out there that has a storage facility available? Extra space in a garage? Part of a warehouse? We estimate we will need this facility for 6 months, give or take a little. There are a lot of folks who have so graciously offered to donate some big-ticket items - one person is even storing a brand new (large) bed in her living room until we can get a place to store it. Please, please, please - ask your friends & co-workers!
* We need volunteers for a Silent Auction that will be held in conjunction with the Celebrity Golf Tournament, Gala Event and/or an upcoming Benefit Screening
* We need a Co-Chair to help run the Spring/Summer Boutique. Additionally, we will need volunteers to help with cashiering, and other assorted capacities.
* We are looking for a Tupperware Distributor to host a BIG event at a future date.
* Please send us your ideas for different ways to make money for the Ewarts!
* If you have home movies or still pictures from any of the Variety Shows from Wiley Canyon Elementary or Old Orchard Elementary, please contact Patti Sulpizio who will be making a video montage of all of David's years as the Artistic Director. You may contact Patti at (661) 253-1673 or send her an email at: PattiSoul@aol.com
* Please continue to send PICTURES (not only of the Ewarts, but of you, their friends) to: Imagination Station, PO Box 220983, Newhall, CA 91321, ATTN: Josy. Also, please share stories of how you know David, how he touched your life, how he made you laugh, etc.
Where there is love, there is hope,