* Thursday, January 19, 2006 - Blood Drive - from 8:00am to 8:00pm at the Small gym at Hart High School. Everyone is welcome to come. 17 year olds are allowed to donate with a signed parent permission slip that they can pick up in the ASB Office, and obviously anyone 18 and over is welcome to donate blood.
*Friday, January 20, 2006 - James Foster Elementary School will be having a Wisdom Tree Night on January 20, 2006, where 10% of all sales will benefit the Catastrophe Fund. The Wisdom Tree is a night of Native American storytelling, ventriloquism and dance...it's a husband and wife team. Admission is FREE. Doors open at 5:30pm and the show starts at 6:30pm. They set up their "Trading Post" where students can buy silver jewelry, dreamcatchers and other souvenirs.
* Thursday, January 19 and Friday, January 20 at 7:00pm at Hart Auditorium - Hart Show Choir "Cabaret" Show. $10/premier seat, $8 for regular seats and $6 for students, children, seniors & all others. A portion of the proceeds will benefit the Ewart Family. Tickets may be purchased by Hart Show Choir members, or at the Choir Room from 9am to 1pm on Saturday, January 14, or you can contact Gail Hart at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for tickets.
* Sunday, January 22, 2006 - Blood Drive (for the Ewarts and Ryan Baker) and Bone Marrow Registry for Ryan Baker. Newhall Church of the Nazarene - 23857 The Old Road, Newhall, CA 91321 (661) 259-5272 - Peggy is the secretary
* Monday, January 23, 2006 - 10am to 12pm - KHTS AM-1220, Santa Clarita's Hometown Station is planning a 2-hour community radio program devoted to the Ewarts. The program will be live from the Westfield Valencia Town Center kiosk.
* Saturday, January 28, 2006 - Free Community Scrapbooking event at Remember When...Scrapbooking, located at 23407 Lyons Avenue in Valencia from 5:00pm to 10:00pm. There are 8 spots available. A Professional Scrapbook Designer/Teacher will be available for consultations if you are new to scrapbooking. Products will be provided for you to work on pages for the Ewart's Scrapbook and/or you can bring your own items. Please BRING PICTURES of the Ewarts.
* Monday, January 30, 2006 - Baja Fresh Fundraiser for the Ewarts. Bring in the attached flyer (if you did not receive the attachment on 1/17, please let us know & we can email you a copy) - 15% of sales will be donated to the Ewart Catastrophe Fund (5pm to 10pm, select stores only - see flier).
* Tuesday, February, 7, 2006 - The Musicians Union, Local 47 is organizing a Blood Drive at the Local 47 Auditorium from 10am until 5pm. It is located at 815 Vine Street in Hollywood. The Providence Blood Donor Center will provide everything, right down to juice & cookies. And every donor will receive a coupon for a free "pint" of ice cream from Baskin Robbins. Please call (323) 993-3159 to sign up. Walk-ins are available and soon there will be a web site available to sign up electronically.
* Saturday, February 25, 2006 - Vince Falzone's CD Release Party at SCVARTS. Tickets are $8.00 per person if you pre-purchase, and $10.00 per person at the door. You can pre-purchase tickets by e-mailing: Music@MusicByVince.com with your request and you will receive detailed instructions. 50% of both pre-purchased and door ticket sales will be donated to the Ewarts' fund. CD's are $12 regularly (on the website and retail), but $10 at the show. The website is: http://www.MusicByVince.com. SCV Arts' website is: www.scv-arts.com. They are located at: 27737 Bouquet Canyon Road, #113, Santa Clarita, CA 91350 (in Telly's plaza).
* Sunday, March 19, 2006 Benefit Comedy Show at J.R.'s Comedy Club at Marie Callendars. "G" Rated comedy for the whole family. $20.00 per person - the entire show amount is to be donated to the Ewart Catastrophe Fund. Dinner (optional) at 5:30 - cost $22 or $29. First Show: 7:00pm to 8:30pm, Late Show: 9:00pm to 10:30pm. To get your tickets, please send a check for $20.00 per person in your party. Checks should be made payable to "David Ewart Catastrophe Fund". Be sure to write the account number in the memo section of your check: 8606-155136. Mail to: Imagination Station, PO Box 220983, Newhall, CA 91321, ATTN: Josy
With your check, please include the following information:
* names of all the people in your party
* your preference of early show or late show
* Will you be coming for the 5:30 dinner/show, or just the 7pm show or 9pm show
*Return address for us to mail your tickets to you.
*** HELP WANTED ***
* Secondary Storage Facility - We have had such an overwhelming response for donated furniture that our 10 x 10 facility at Castaic Lake Storage will probably be filled by the end of this week. We still have nearly 20 other pick-ups ready to be scheduled. Is there anyone out there that has a storage facility available? Extra space in a garage? Part of a warehouse? We estimate we will need this facility for 6 months, give or take a little.
This wonderful group of friends, colleages, musicians, strangers, and neighbors never cease to amaze us! Your dedication & devotion to help this family heal are admirable beyond words. From the bottom of our hearts, sincerest thanks to each and every one of you for the love & hope that you share. Leslie Gilbride shared this story..."I heard that shortly after the fire, when Duncan was looking for items that may have survived, he found a CD in the drawer of a burned desk. The CD was in perfect condition. It was titled, "Where there is Love, there is Hope"...Isn't that just the perfect message for all of us as we travel on this journey with the Ewarts? Indeed it is.
Josy and Steve Block