Ewart Family Tragedy: Weekend Update
Here is the latest news on the Ewart Family, courtesy of neighbors Josy and Steve Block.
The Ewart's house was destroyed by fire last Tuesday morning. Three family members remain in critical condition.
The following contains both corrections and updates.
* Michael's most severe burns are to his arms, hands and back. His face is
burnt but not as bad. Michael's lungs are also burned as well as his
* As Michael and David are being kept under heavy sedation until the next
surgery, no change or updates are expected. If we hear anything on their
condition before Monday, we will let you know.
* Heather and Jonathan are home. Their mom's sister is staying with them
while mom and step dad are at the hospital.
* Extreme Makeover - Great strides are being made in the interest of the
video for the Extreme Makeover possibility. More details to follow at a
* Toys for Tots will be delivering Christmas presents to the family on New
* Today, all the donated presents that were at the Valencia Hills Clubhouse
were wrapped and delivered to the family so they will have presents on
Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
* We heard from a Registered Nurse who specializes in Home Health Care and
she offered to help the family after the boys return home.
* Blood Drive at Valencia Hills Clubhouse is planned for December 27,
* The Grossman Burn Center has a very big need and with 3 patients, we have
been asked to do a follow-up blood drive as well.
* The blood drive at the Newhall Church of the Nazarene will be January 7th
* Several items that will be needed when the family returns are being
pursued. We are looking into the possibility of housing, home-health care,
furniture, a desktop computer & color printer, and much, much more!!
* Salt Creek Grill is providing a full dinner on Christmas Eve to The mom &
kids as well as to David's Brothers' family. On Christmas, both families
are having a ham delivered with all the fixins.
* Meals - We have been providing a refillable cooler with snacks for the
family that is visiting the Burn Center each day. This has been greatly
appreciated for the long days they spend there.
* Caroling will be on Monday, December 26th at 6:00pm. Please plan to meet
at the OO2 Clubhouse (if for any reason the clubhouse is not available to
meet at, an alternate location will be advised). Valencia Hills, OO1, OO2
and anyone else is welcome to join.
* Mistletoe will be cut, packaged & sold on Tuesday. We need parent help
(to walk with the children), a location near (or at?) Valencia Clubhouse,
and kids with wagons. Exact time & place will be advised soon. You can
RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org.
* If you'd like to receive E-mail updates, send an e-mail to Blocktalk@pacbell.net .
A big thank you to everyone who has offered to help & who has already helped
provide food for the family. The generosity is overwhelming!!!