There is no news to report on DAVID and MICHAEL as they continue their journey on the path to recovery. They very much appreciate knowing that the community continues to support them with love, prayers, good thoughts, and encouragement.
* DON CUCO Mexican Restaurant & Cantina Fundraiser - Mark your calendars for Tuesday night, February 28, 2006 from 5:00pm to 10:00pm. Don Cuco, located at 24130 W. Lyons Avenue (661) 254-4874 will be donating 20% of sales to the David Ewart Catastrophe Fund. This is one of David's favorite restaurants! You can check out the menu ahead of time at: www.doncucorestaurants.com. Remember...you'll need to bring the attached flyer - it must be presented when ordering. Hope to see you all there!!!
* REMINDER: TOMORROW...(Saturday, February 4, 2006) at 10:00am we will be having a Fundraiser Group Meeting at the Newhall Church of the Nazarene. Patty at SCC Fund Raising has offered to bring the committee some of her delicious butter braids! We have a lot to discuss, including the logistics of some upcoming events and many other hot topics! If you would like to be a part of the fund raising group and you did not receive a separate email regarding this meeting, please contact us for further details.
* Please check our "Help Wanted" section tomorrow night, following our Fundraising meeting. We will have a clearer definition of some of the different ways YOU can help our effort!!
** SAVE THE DATE!!! Thursday evening, March 23rd! JAY LENO has offered to do a benefit for the Ewart and Baker families! It will be held at Hart Auditorium...around 7:30pm. Not all the details are in yet, but we wanted you to know to SAVE THE DATE!!! Please spread the word! We want a full house in support of these wonderful families! Thanks to Gail Hart for her efforts in securing Hart High's Auditorium for this event.
* We are still searching for a second STORAGE FACILITY. There are a lot of wonderful, caring people out there who have so kindly offered to donate some much needed furniture for the Ewart family...but we have no place to store it! Please, please, please...is there someone out there who can offer some extra space in a garage? part of a warehouse? storage facility? Please ask your friends & coworkers.
* Regarding MATTY, the Off-Broadway show at Hart High on February 25th...we have received a few emails that said, "...if there are any seats left, we'd like XXX number of tickets". Folks...we have 800 seats to fill, so trust us when we say there are PLENTY of seats left!! This is a great family event, with a top quality entertainer!!! You do not need to pre-purchase tickets, we are just taking a list of those interested in attending so we'll have an idea of when we start getting close to capacity! Just send us an email & let us know how many seats you'd like.
* The staff at Placerita Jr. High collected a total of $1,270 to be donated to the Ewart Family! This number is higher than the number previously reported, so we wanted to share the great news with everyone!!! Thanks, Placerita Staff for making a difference!!
*** GENERAL INFORMATION: ***
* Remember that if you would like to make a tax-deductible donation to the Ewarts, you can go online to www.eopf.org or you can send a check to the EOPF (putting "David Ewart" on the memo line) to: EOPF, 12001 Ventura Place, 5th Floor, Studio City, CA 91602. 100% of the EOPF donations go to the Ewart's with no administrative expenses deducted.
* SCC Fund Raising - The breads from www.butterbraid.com are amazing!!! . Check out their website at the above address, and remember that the Ewarts will get 40% of the cost! The retail price is $10.00 each. Simply send a note detailing the quantity & flavor of the breads you'd like & send a check ($10 per loaf - no tax) to: Imagination Station, PO Box 220983, Newhall, CA 91321, attn: Josy. As soon as we receive payment, we will process your order. Please make checks payable to "SCC Fund Raising". Free delivery to all SCV residents. If you live out of the area, we will advise you of a particular date/location for you to come pick up your order from. If you have a group (i.e. work office, church, temple, scouts, youth group, school, sports team, etc., that would like to sell these items, we will be happy to help you coordinate that effort). Thanks to SCC Fund Raising for this fantastic & unique opportunity!
* If you would like to participate in the upcoming Via Escovar block garage sale fund raiser, please contact Deborah Mann at (661) 255-6271, or email her at: Debmann44@aol.com. It is scheduled for Saturday, March 11, 2006 from 7:00am to 11:00am. If you would like to contribute items to be sold...or if you would like to set up a table of your own, that would be great! The more, the merrier! All proceeds will benefit the Ewarts. Now, ladies (and men)...we have seen you shop, so put on your shopping shoes & get ready for some bargains!!
* If you have items that YOU would like to sell on E-Bay...but you're not sure if they will sell, or you are not sure how to go about putting them up, please contact Zoe at: email@example.com and she will help determine the items' sellability. If the items are small enough, she will even offer to have you ship the items to her & she'll put them on the website for the Ewarts.
* In case anyone would like to have money wired directly into the Ewarts Catastrophe Account, here is the info you will need: Routing Number is: 121000248 (this is considered a "wire"). The account number at Wells Fargo is: 8606-155136, and the name on the account is "David Ewart Catastrophe Fund". To clear up any confusion, the funds in this account are for David AND Michael.
* Remember, if you'd like to visit David or Michael, you can contact Mary Berg at (661) 259-2877 or e-mail her at firstname.lastname@example.org. She will be happy to schedule you in for a visit. Again, due to the vast amount of doctors appointments and the nature of their injuries, your appointment may at times need to be rescheduled. We all appreciate your understanding in this matter.
* Zoe has challenged all of her Independent Distributor friends (i.e. Tupperware, Mary Kay, Avon, Tastefully Simple, Close To My Heart, Pampered Chef, Stampin' Up, Arbonne, etc.) to donate a percentage of their February sales to the Ewarts. These folks who live up in Washington don't even know the Ewarts, yet many are willing to take the challenge & run with it! Any takers here in California? Florida? Oregon?
* If you have home movies or still pictures from any of the Variety Shows from Wiley Canyon Elementary or Old Orchard Elementary, please contact Patti Sulpizio who will be making a video montage of all of David's years as the Artistic Director. You may contact Patti at (661) 253-1673 or send her an email at: PattiSoul@aol.com
* Please continue to send PICTURES (not only of the Ewarts, but of you, their friends) to: Imagination Station, PO Box 220983, Newhall, CA 91321, ATTN: Josy. It is helpful if you include a note detailing the who, what, where, when, how & why of the pictures. Also, please share your STORIES with us of how you know David, how he touched your life, how he made you laugh, etc. We are going to help the family with their scrapbooking needs for the rest of the year, so it's not too late to send stuff in!
* Please send us your ideas for different ways to make money for the Ewarts!
Remember to check the websites... http://www.EwartAid.org
and Jonathan's website: http://email@example.com/
***UPCOMING EVENTS ***
* Saturday, February 4, 2006 - 10:00am Fundraiser Group Meeting at the Newhall Church of the Nazarene. Patty at SCC Fund Raising has offered to bring the committee some of her delicious butter braids! We have a lot to discuss, so please try to be prompt.
* Tuesday, February, 7, 2006 - The Musicians Union, Local 47 is organizing a Blood Drive at the Local 47 Auditorium from 10am until 5pm. It is located at 815 Vine Street in Hollywood. The Providence Blood Donor Center will provide everything, right down to juice & cookies. And every donor will receive a coupon for a free "pint" of ice cream from Baskin Robbins. Please call (323) 993-3159 to sign up. Walk-ins are available and soon there will be a web site available to sign up electronically.
* Thursday, February 9, 2006 - 6:30pm Wiley Canyon Variety Show - dedicated to the Ewart Family. Tickets are $4 for adults and $1 for children. You can purchase tickets via an order form available at the Wiley Canyon School Office, or at the door the night of the show, if they are not sold out. All donation information will be printed in their programs. Although the PTA cannot donate any portion of the proceeds to the Ewart family, they will have donation jars available.
* Thursday, February 16, 2006 - KHTS AM 1220 will be devoting a 1-hour segment to the Ewart family and a 1-hour segment to the Baker family for us to share updates with the community. Please tune in & support your local hometown radio station, KHTS AM 1220. (10:00am to 12:00pm).
* Saturday, February 25, 2006 - Off Broadway Show at Hart High Auditorium!! "MATTY: AN EVENING WITH CHRISTY MATHEWSON" is one of David's favorites!! Visit the MATTY Web Site at www.matty.org for more information, photos and reviews. TICKET INFORMATION: Show begins at 7:30pm. To reserve seats, please send an email to: Blocktalk@pacbell.net, and please put "MATTY" as the subject. Let us know how many seats you'd like. This is a "Pay what you Can" show - you can pay before you go in - whatever amount you are comfortable with. This is a family-friendly show. Thank you to Gail Hart and all our friends at Hart High for letting us use the Auditorium for this special event! Also, thank you to Eddie Frierson for donating all his time and talent to perform this amazing show!
* Tuesday, February 28, 2006 - 5:00pm - 10:00pm DON CUCO Mexican Restaurant & Cantina Fundraiser - located at 24130 W. Lyons Avenue (661) 254-4874, Don Cuco will be donating 20% of sales to the David Ewart Catastrophe Fund. This is one of David's favorite restaurants! You can check out the menu ahead of time at: www.doncucorestaurants.com. Remember...you'll need to bring the attached flyer - it must be presented when ordering. Hope to see you all there!!! (If you did not receive the flyer sent on 2/3/06), please contact us via email and we will send you another one.
* Saturday, March 4, 2006 - * The Hart Swim Team is planning a Family Bowling Night and Raffle on March 4, 2006, from 6:30pm to 8:30pm at the Santa Clarita Lanes (21615 W. Soledad Canyon Road). Cost is $20 per person and includes: Bowling, Shoe Rental, Pizza and Soda. 20% of the proceeds will benefit the Ewart Aid Fund. Spaces are limited, so please reserve your space by February 9th. Make checks payable to Hart ASB/Swim Team and return to Coach Neale.
* Saturday, March 4, 2006 - Valencia Hills Swim Team will be sponsoring a "Texas Hold 'Em" poker night. A portion of the proceeds will be donated to the Ewarts. More details to follow.
* Saturday, March 11, 2006 - between 7:00am and 11:00am. Via Escovar Block Garage Sale to benefit the Ewarts. Come stroll around the block and find some treasures!
* Saturday, March 11, 2006 at 8:00pm, Vince Falzone, local musician, will be hosting the "Vince Falzone CD Release Benefit Concert" at the Canyon Theater Guild. Half of all proceeds will be donated to the David Ewart Catastrophe Fund. Tickets are $12 each and may be ordered by calling Lily Qian-Falzone at (661) 803-5594 or emailing her at: firstname.lastname@example.org. (Note: This replaces the event that was previously scheduled for February 25th)
* Sunday, March 19, 2006 Benefit Comedy Show at J.R.'s Comedy Club at Marie Callendars. Special thanks to Randy Lubas of J.R.'s for his generous donation of the club and to all the comedians who are donating their talent & time for the cause. "G" Rated comedy for the whole family. $20.00 per person - the entire show amount is to be donated to the Ewart Catastrophe Fund. Dinner (optional) at 5:30 - cost $10.99 - 14.99. The menu can be viewed by going to the J.R.s Comedy Club website at: www.comedyinvalencia.com.First Show: 7:00pm to 8:30pm, Late Show: 9:00pm to 10:30pm. To get your tickets, please send a check for $20.00 per person in your party. Checks should be made payable to "David Ewart Catastrophe Fund". Be sure to write the account number in the memo section of your check: 8606-155136. Mail to: Imagination Station, PO Box 220983, Newhall, CA 91321, ATTN: Josy EARLY SHOW IS SOLD OUT.
With your check, please include the following information:
* names of all the people in your party
* your preference of early show or late show
* Will you be coming for the 5:30 dinner/show, or just the 7pm show or 9pm show
*Return address for us to mail your tickets to you.
* Thursday, March 23, 2006 - JAY LENO BENEFIT performance at Hart High Auditorium, 7:30pm. Ticket information to follow.
* Sunday, April 2, 2006 - 1:30pm to 4:30pm - Big Bopping Bowling Bonanza at Valencia Lanes. We are looking for 24 teams of 5 people each to sign up, and each of those 24 teams will be charged some "SPARE" change - just $125 per team or $25 per person. 50% of the proceeds will go the Ewarts! If bowling's your thing, then get ready for a spectacularly, super-duper, "STRIKING" Sunday! 3 strikes and you're IN!!! We will SPARE you the rest of the details. For more information, please contact Sylvia Jacobowitz at (661) 288-1268 or email her at: email@example.com . Thanks, Sylvia, for coordinating this event
* Sunday, April 30, 2006 - 5:00pm to 7:00pm - Special Event - To be announced
* Sunday, April 30, 2006 OR Sunday, June 11, 2006 - 12:00pm - 5:00pm Spring/Summer Boutique. More details to follow.
*** COMING SOON ***
* "Where there is Love, there is Hope" Creative Card Contest - Stay tuned for details for an upcoming creative art contest. The winning designs will be used to produce blank printed cards that will be packaged and sold. All proceeds will benefit the Ewarts and winners will receive a wonderful prize! This contest/fund raiser helps tie-in David and his family's love for the arts while also raising money for the family.
*** SPECIAL REQUEST ***
* David, a professional violinist in LA had several violins, bows and a viola in his home on December 20th all of which were lost as a result of the tragic fire. This unfortunate loss included several bows by Sartory, Hill and Nurenberger and a fine Italian violin by Jannarius Gaglianus, made in 1765. Anyone who knows David, knows that the music continues to live in his heart, his soul and his spirit. He can't possibly keep it bottled up inside - his music must be shared with not only the community...but the world. If there is anyone who might have a Jannarius Gaglianus violin in their possession, would they consider letting David use it to share his beautiful music once again? It would be a most amazing blessing if we could help to reunite a masterful violinist with an instrument worthy of his talents.