Daylight Savings Time Begins Saturday Night
Don't forget to turn your clocks ahead one hour, tonight, Saturday April 1st, before you go to sleep. With this extra daylight take the opportunity to follow through with a few Preparedness Best Practices In Your Home:
- Change smoke/carbon monoxide detector batteries
- Check expiration dates on fire extinguishers
- Check expiration dates of emergency water & food supplies and don't forget your car kit
- Check on emergency supplies for animals-if you have one/a few
- Do you need to update your out of state contact?
- Do you need to purchase a battery operated radio?
- Are flashlights in your home and car operational-are the batteries still charged?
- Does your family know multiple ways in out of your neighborhood in the event of an evacuation?
- If you live out of the SCV, do you know multiple routes to get back into the SCV?
- Are your important documents secured in a safe place? Safe deposit box, fire safe?
- Do you have multiple copies of your passport, birth certificates, drivers license, wills, etc-(re-establishing your identity after a catastrophic disaster will be time consuming and overwhelming if your documents are destroyed)
- Visit the Emergency Expo-- April 22 from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm; 9:00 am early access hour for special needs families--Saugus Speedway
Ease the risk in 2006!