3 Families Still Homeless After Apartment Fire
Two days after a fire destroyed their Newhall apartments, three families are still without a permanent home. The Thursday night fire at The Village apartment complex at 23773 Valle Del Oro, which caused an estimated $270,000 in damage, was caused by unattended candles, Los Angeles County Fire Department Inspector John Mancha said on Friday. The fire started in a bedroom at the home of Joaquin Romano and Bonfilia Sanchez, while the two were away. Their four children were in the apartment at the time the fire started.
For more on this story, visit The Signal's homepage.