Rattlesnake Avoidance Training For Dogs
Location: William S. Hart Park, 24151 Newhall Avenue, Newhall
Protect your pet!
Did you know:
- Domestic dogs do not know the danger of poisonous snakes
- 15, 000 dogs may be bitten by poisonous snakes every year
- 70-80% of bites are to a dog’s face and head, indicating it was investigating a snake
- Dogs can be taught to associate the smell of live rattlesnakes with negative correction
- A dog’s avoidance behavior helps alert owner to the danger
Space is limited – reservations required – $70 fee
Register online at MountainsTrust.org
Individual training process takes approximately 20 minutes.
Proceeds benefit environmental education programs, and restoration and acquisition of parklands and trails.