American Cancer Society: Relay For Life - February 25, 2013
The Relay for Life is set for May 18, 2013 at Central Park and plans to raise $500,000 in fundraising this year. In California Santa Clarita is third in the amount of fundraising by one city for the foundation.
What is a Relay Event?
- Organized, overnight community fundraising walk
- Teams of people camp out around a track
- Members of each team take turns walking around the track
- Food, games and activities provide entertainment and build camaraderie
- Family-friendly environment for the entire community
Because it’s a team event, individual participants are not required to be there the entire time. But it's so much fun, you'll find it hard to leave!
For more information about The American Cancer Society and how to participate or donate, click here.